Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day by Day Leads to a Lifetime

If there is one person, just one person, that you had better make damn well sure that you don't disappoint in this lifetime, it's you. I once heard that, "The only thing that I can do for you, is to make myself better. The only thing that you can do for me, is to make yourself better." I think that this statement holds some profound truths.

I have come to believe, and this is just my opinion, that if someone can do it, we all can do it - no matter what "it" is. I think that we do ourselves a great disservice when we think that "we're only one person" or "we're only human" or "we aren't gifted with this or that." I think that being one person and being human are both wondrous things - and that those aren't limiting factors to our existence, but empowering factors of our existence.

It seems to me that the only thing that separates one persons ability to achieve some great feat, from another person's life that is stuck on mediocrity, is simply what that person is putting their attention on. If you place your attention on being great and achieving great things, at least you will know that you put everything that you are capable of out into the world, and that you won't leave anything behind - because once your gone, so is all of that potential, of everything you could have done.

By not striving to be great every single day, which is what builds a lifetime, we not only cheat ourselves but we cheat those around us, and we cheat the future generations to come. I can only expect to create the best world possible, by creating the best me that is possible, and the same with you. Remember, we don't inherit the world that our ancestors gave us, so much as we borrow the world from the generations that will follow. Make them proud to know that you were the most incredible you that you could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment