Sunday, July 25, 2010

Well, yes, but thank you

Today I heard myself utter these words: "I have to admit, the more successful the music becomes, the more it freaks me out! Why? I have no idea, thank you though."

I couldn't believe it. I had found a comfort in being obscure. The climb to become more and more well-known is extremely draining. There is so much to do, and it's you who has to do it, and you who has to push yourself to do all of the things that you would rather not do; but if you didn't do those things, you would pay a huge price - you would remain obscure.

I have no delusion here that I'm getting 'too big for my britches.' No, my britches still fit quite well. One thing that I am finding, however, is that sometimes all of the seeds that you plant bloom at once! All of a sudden you're quickly in a place where you had only imagined before; that's where I am now.

So I guess success is an odd thing to complain about; so I won't complain. I will just say this: it will be some time before you will know the fruits that today's labor will bring; but be sure to be ready to fill your basket with all that fruit once it is time for the harvest because, if you've worked hard, there will be a lot of it.

Thank You all for your continued support. You amaze and humble me day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment